If I could design my dream home, there’d be ample space allotted for a traditional conservatory. A room to bask in the sunlight on light filled days or watch the raindrops slide down the glass during an afternoon shower. I’ve temporarily settled for a small sunroom off the back of my bedroom, but it’s not nearly what I can imagine.
Conservatories originated in the 16th century as greenhouses with glass roofing and walls, attached to the home and primarily used for cultivating fruit trees. They eventually grew to be more aesthetic in nature with a unique and wide variety of plants, statuary and furniture for relaxing with a book, a cup of tea, and good company.
If you have some space to dedicate to a conservatory, or would maybe just like to bring this theme into your décor, I’ve put together a collection of comparatively affordable pieces at one of my favorite online retailers One Kings Lane, that can help you get the French conservatory look for less. Here’s a few of my favorite finds in their French Conservatory collection:
Descriptions & Pricing:
1. 30 inch Faux Olive Tree in Planter $110
2. Entemology Print Hand Decoupaged Tray $59
3. Set of 2 Mansion Birdcages $145
4. 79 inch Dining Table $649
5. Glass Bell Shaped Dome $45
6. Ivory and Blue Rug $125-630
7. Set of 3 Glass Terrariums $115
8. Earthtone Mini Classics Set of 23 $285
9. Set of 3 Bundles of Dried Lavender $35
10. Eliza 88 inch Tufted Bench Sofa $1799
11. Set of 3 Jardinier Planters in Tray $15
12. Marco Armchair $249
13. 30 inch Appian Vessel $179
14. Terra Cotta Planter with Wire Cloche $25
15. Rilla Tray Table $210
16. Set of 4 Mannequins $75
All of these great conservatory inspired steals are available for a limited time at One Kings Lane, along with tons of other great deals for every room in your home. The only thing missing… is your green thumb.