It’s back to school time! My kids started Monday at a new school in preparation for our move to a new home in the next month, and I thought today might be a good day to sweeten their transition stress with an after school treat.
My Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes were a huge hit at the bakery (and with my kids) since the frosting tastes just like raw cookie dough – yet there’s no raw egg to worry about – and there’s no fighting with children that want to lick the spoon.
Chocolate Chip Cupcake Recipe with Cookie Dough Frosting
~ Makes approximately 16 cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- Cake Flour – 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 1 1/2 cups
- Baking Soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter (softened) – 3/4 cup
- BROWN Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
- Salt – 1/8 teaspoon
- Buttermilk – 3/4 cup
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Eggs – 2 whole + 1 yolk
- Vanilla – 1 Tablespoon
- Vanilla Bean Paste – 2 teaspoons
- Chocolate Chips (semisweet) – 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, salt and baking soda together in a separate bowl and set aside.
- In mixer bowl, cream softened butter and brown sugar.
- Combine eggs, vanilla and vanilla bean paste in one container. Add to creamed sugar a little at a time mixing between each addition.
- Combine the milk and buttermilk and whisk together.
- Alternately add dry ingredients and milks and mix until well combined, scraping mixer bowl often.
- Fold in chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill cups almost to top of liner.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 22-25 minutes, checking often towards the end.
- Butter (unsalted & softened) – 1 lb
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Powdered/Confectioners Sugar – 4 2/3 cups
- Salt – 2/3 teaspoon
- Milk – 3 Tablespoons
- Vanilla – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- All Purpose Flour – 1/4 cup
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Add milk, vanilla, powdered sugar, salt and flour.
- Mix until light and fluffy.